Skip to main content

Obsessed

There are so many things in our lives that we care about, when does this care turn into something stronger so much so that it borders on becoming an obsession before it actually does.

Obsessions have no limits (which is of course why they're called that!), they could be absolutely anything! I, for one, am obsessed with cleanliness. Everything should be in order. It should be clean. It should be in straight lines (even the collages I make, I struggle to make them look like a collage, if I had my way, I would make collages in grids!) It has to be stacked height-wise, my clothes are arranged according to their use, cleaning my cupboard is my favorite past-time and if that's not enough, I have taken to cleaning cupboards of my friends! (No, don't call me now, I don't have the time! :)) I tend to fold clothes the way the laundry guy does it (thanks to my aunt and cousin who trained me) almost automatically. It's so natural for me, that wherever I am, I see something unfolded, I reflexively fold it in the right way. There have been times when I've tried clothes on in a shop and begun folding them back after trying them on only to realise that the saleslady is waiting with her arms outstretched to do the same!

Oh! People have obsessions too! (Thank God I'm not alone!) In fact, there's even a name for those who are afflicted with a stronger obsession than me, OCD, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It's what afflicted Howard Hughes (on whom Leonardo DiCaprio's movie - The Aviator is made) He had an OCD of germs and dust which eventually led him to become obsessed with having to touch anything that had been touched by other people. Some people are obsessed with their food, they won't eat it any other way. I used to know of people (and not children) who wouldn't eat their sunny-side-up egg if it split! Gosh!

Obsession is not only limited to such things, people are also obsessed with smsing, they just can't seem to not sms their friends or whoever. I was caught in that phase sometime back, now I'm cured.. I only sms and talk to a few friends now... People are obsessed with being online! It just amazes me as to how they can be online (and show as 'visible' / 'available') and still manage to go through a full day's work. For a fact I know that if I'm online (and appearing so) I just can't seem to resist myself from talking and chatting with everyone around. Facebook unfortunately doesn't have an 'appear offline' feature yet so it's tough to be online there and not have people notice you...Being active on social networking sites is the 'in' thing now. Which one to be that on (or rather how many) is a whole new ballgame altogether.

Well, that's my take on obsessions, and even though I kept my work on hold while I blogged this, I'm not worried, it's been ages since I wrote without thinking about who's reading!

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaitan

So thanks to some prodding from my friend Shri, I decided to go watch this movie today. I'm not upset I did, but I'm certainly not happy. It was sort of like watching Love, Sex aur Dhokha in a way. Graphic, very close to reality, and loud. The movie begins with Anurag Kashyap saying that it's a just a movie and that he doesn't support the use of drugs, drinking and driving and that it's a fictional story which is debatable because like Dev D he used an actual incident as one of the pivotal moments in the movie, in this case the moment is when 5 kids high on coke, drinks, and generally on life, speed across town and in one of the turns end up killing two people who were on a scooter. They were driving a Hummer. Anyways, to come back to the timeline of things, the movie begins by shocking you. I know I've watched a number of movies which involve sequences of kisses in front of my parents / relatives without flinching. But I would not be able to watch this movi

Crash Landing on You - Netflix K-Drama Review

I think all of us remember our first love, we remember what it felt like to have our hearts beat that much faster, the butterflies in our stomach, the obsessing about the words we spoke or didn't speak, and other million details that come along with it. Watching a romantic comedy is supposed to evoke some bit of those memories and just fill you up in this warm, fuzzy feeling that feels like a comforting bear hug (if you like hugs!). A while back I was reading this article about the dearth of good romantic comedies nowadays and it's true, when was the last good romantic comedy you saw? To me the evergreen You've Got Mail, Kate & Leopold, Notting Hill, Sleepless in Seattle are still the classics (yes, I think I crushed on Meg Ryan a lot!). In Hindi movies, I know this divides a lot of people, but I do genuinely think Sonam Kapoor has figured this out. I absolutely loved her Khoobsurat with Fawad Khan. I thought it was funny, contemporary and their chemistry was left me

Karthik Calling Karthik

After having been completely enamored and in love with the song "Uff Teri Adaa" I couldn't wait to watch the movie finally. The end emotion being, a decent watch, but could've been much better. The movie begins with a very stereotypical life of a guy (Farhaan) who's just not got anything going for him, from a landlord who's hounding him for money, to a boss who's blaming him for everything that goes wrong, to the hot co-worker (Deepika) who just doesn't know of his existence at all! The change that comes into his life, is a call, at 5 am each day, by a man who claims to be "Karthik" himself who guides him to becoming the man that he is. And voila, suddenly, the real "Karthik" begins to stand up for himself, asserts himself in front of his boss, and manages to strike conversation (a rather witty one) with Deepika too! Sitting in the audience, you literally feel like whistling and hooting when you see him walk down the corridor of his