Skip to main content

Charmed

I must've been in school, maybe 13-14 years old, when I first saw an episode of Charmed. I used to follow it regularly always trying to avoid missing any show. The show was about three sisters, who are actually witches in the modern world and must learn the witchcraft in order to protect innocents by fighting off demons and other evil magical creatures. I think I must've followed the series for about a year and then lost track of it. I kept trying to hunt for it, but to no avail. Until I came to Hyderabad! Why, you might ask? Well because I discovered SurfTheChannel.com thanks to my friend at work, Anaisha. :) And voila! There it was 170 episodes with links to either Megavideo / Tudou to watch them. It took me nearly 7 months to finish these episodes mind you. :) Haha! But I did see them all. Though as the seasons went by there were fewer links available and a lot of times they just didn't stream. I'm planning to buy the complete DVD series, but I think I'll hold off till I can save some money.

But what a series. For those of you who think the plot is stupid. Stop reading now. :) I'm in love with the series, have been and I think always will be.

Beautiful, strong and unique personalities and a whole new meaning to power. Different kinds of powers with a lot of names, different kind of demons that they have to fight off and not in vain! They go through their own problems, rivalry, jealousy, love, cheating, and all these complex emotions while keeping the 'greater good' in mind. I couldn't help but draw parallels between this and Harry Potter and Dumbledore's line of 'greater good'. Although JK Rowling wouldn't approve of their spells because they were rhyming couplets / poems and not roots of Latin words like hers. There is a ton of material about the show, the cast, the episode guides and so on available so I won't bore you with that.

I just loved seeing them progress through the years so quickly. And amazingly they've grown so much as real people during the times of the show as well. Upon researching further, I find out that Alyssa Milano (who played Phoebe) actually dated Brain Krause (who plays Piper's husband, Leo Wyatt)!! :) I found out that Holly Marie Combs (Piper) and Shanen Doherty (Prue) had auditioned for each other's roles originally. Piper has since married the key-grip (person in charge of lighting and rigs on the sets) David Donoho and has had 3 kids with him. Phoebe's become a UNICEF ambassador and her website's really about philanthropy and her work. I loved that in the final season, Phoebe meets Cupid, his name's Coop and he's actually my favorite character from yet another show, Mutant X!

I'm just waiting to save up money to get the triquetra tattoo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaitan

So thanks to some prodding from my friend Shri, I decided to go watch this movie today. I'm not upset I did, but I'm certainly not happy. It was sort of like watching Love, Sex aur Dhokha in a way. Graphic, very close to reality, and loud. The movie begins with Anurag Kashyap saying that it's a just a movie and that he doesn't support the use of drugs, drinking and driving and that it's a fictional story which is debatable because like Dev D he used an actual incident as one of the pivotal moments in the movie, in this case the moment is when 5 kids high on coke, drinks, and generally on life, speed across town and in one of the turns end up killing two people who were on a scooter. They were driving a Hummer. Anyways, to come back to the timeline of things, the movie begins by shocking you. I know I've watched a number of movies which involve sequences of kisses in front of my parents / relatives without flinching. But I would not be able to watch this movi

Crash Landing on You - Netflix K-Drama Review

I think all of us remember our first love, we remember what it felt like to have our hearts beat that much faster, the butterflies in our stomach, the obsessing about the words we spoke or didn't speak, and other million details that come along with it. Watching a romantic comedy is supposed to evoke some bit of those memories and just fill you up in this warm, fuzzy feeling that feels like a comforting bear hug (if you like hugs!). A while back I was reading this article about the dearth of good romantic comedies nowadays and it's true, when was the last good romantic comedy you saw? To me the evergreen You've Got Mail, Kate & Leopold, Notting Hill, Sleepless in Seattle are still the classics (yes, I think I crushed on Meg Ryan a lot!). In Hindi movies, I know this divides a lot of people, but I do genuinely think Sonam Kapoor has figured this out. I absolutely loved her Khoobsurat with Fawad Khan. I thought it was funny, contemporary and their chemistry was left me

Karthik Calling Karthik

After having been completely enamored and in love with the song "Uff Teri Adaa" I couldn't wait to watch the movie finally. The end emotion being, a decent watch, but could've been much better. The movie begins with a very stereotypical life of a guy (Farhaan) who's just not got anything going for him, from a landlord who's hounding him for money, to a boss who's blaming him for everything that goes wrong, to the hot co-worker (Deepika) who just doesn't know of his existence at all! The change that comes into his life, is a call, at 5 am each day, by a man who claims to be "Karthik" himself who guides him to becoming the man that he is. And voila, suddenly, the real "Karthik" begins to stand up for himself, asserts himself in front of his boss, and manages to strike conversation (a rather witty one) with Deepika too! Sitting in the audience, you literally feel like whistling and hooting when you see him walk down the corridor of his