Skip to main content

To Plan Or Not To Plan??

A few of us friends were just talking and discussing about the ways in which we all go about our trips! It's funny, I'm a control freak of a person most of the times, (lying), actually all the time, but thanks to my friends, I've grown to like the unexpectedness and the unplanned mode of all our trips! I've literally reached a point where I don't want to go on a planned trip because that'll be just too boring and too decided... that element of surprise which brings with it the happiness, the joy and the exposure is just too beautiful and as a friend rightly put it, it's liberating! Megha and I tend to plan our days so much, that those few days of just being and just existing and just doing things based on what we feel and what we want feel like we've broken out of some sort of chains and it just automatically calms us down.

Like when we had gone to Goa for the first time. We didn't know what to expect, where to go, nothing. We just got off at an earlier station (Thivim) because someone said it was closer to North Goa. And then we just walked till we caught a bus. Got down, walked around the beach, made a few enquiries, found a decent place, unpacked in the room and then came down and began exploring the space. The whole idea of us coming here with nothing in our heads / hands was just so relaxing. I remember all our subsequent trips to Goa, Alibaug, Kihim, Murud, Pune... all of them unplanned. Just felt like going somewhere, so got on the bike / car and left. Reached the destination, roamed around, made enquiries, found a place, unpacked and left to explore. The exposure that you get from such trips is a lot more I feel. Roaming around roads, not knowing where it could lead, just to go and see what is there on the other side... those are the kind of trips that stay with you.

I know in the future, when we go and visit more expensive locales it'll be tougher to do this because of the implications of costs involved, coupled with the pressure of time and travel, that we might have to end up pre-planning, and pre-booking and so on and so forth. But I guess I can enjoy it while it lasts...

For example this recent trip that I did. I had planned something. I had decided to go spend a weekend with friends and just chill. And then come back home. But then at the end when I completely changed my mind and did something unplanned and risky and different, it was that thing that made me happy in the end! When I look back at my weekend, it's that unplanned journey that's left a mark, and that's made me happy with this silly smile plastered on my face! Unplanned being! :)

Sometimes I think we must just go with the flow. I wonder if I'll ever be able to do that in my life as a general rule though. For now I'm glad that I'm able to do and enjoy holidays like this. Wonder what'll happen if I live my life like this? Will probably lose its novelty factor and make it boring and mundane... :)

I can't wait for my next unplanned move!

:D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaitan

So thanks to some prodding from my friend Shri, I decided to go watch this movie today. I'm not upset I did, but I'm certainly not happy. It was sort of like watching Love, Sex aur Dhokha in a way. Graphic, very close to reality, and loud. The movie begins with Anurag Kashyap saying that it's a just a movie and that he doesn't support the use of drugs, drinking and driving and that it's a fictional story which is debatable because like Dev D he used an actual incident as one of the pivotal moments in the movie, in this case the moment is when 5 kids high on coke, drinks, and generally on life, speed across town and in one of the turns end up killing two people who were on a scooter. They were driving a Hummer. Anyways, to come back to the timeline of things, the movie begins by shocking you. I know I've watched a number of movies which involve sequences of kisses in front of my parents / relatives without flinching. But I would not be able to watch this movi

Crash Landing on You - Netflix K-Drama Review

I think all of us remember our first love, we remember what it felt like to have our hearts beat that much faster, the butterflies in our stomach, the obsessing about the words we spoke or didn't speak, and other million details that come along with it. Watching a romantic comedy is supposed to evoke some bit of those memories and just fill you up in this warm, fuzzy feeling that feels like a comforting bear hug (if you like hugs!). A while back I was reading this article about the dearth of good romantic comedies nowadays and it's true, when was the last good romantic comedy you saw? To me the evergreen You've Got Mail, Kate & Leopold, Notting Hill, Sleepless in Seattle are still the classics (yes, I think I crushed on Meg Ryan a lot!). In Hindi movies, I know this divides a lot of people, but I do genuinely think Sonam Kapoor has figured this out. I absolutely loved her Khoobsurat with Fawad Khan. I thought it was funny, contemporary and their chemistry was left me

Karthik Calling Karthik

After having been completely enamored and in love with the song "Uff Teri Adaa" I couldn't wait to watch the movie finally. The end emotion being, a decent watch, but could've been much better. The movie begins with a very stereotypical life of a guy (Farhaan) who's just not got anything going for him, from a landlord who's hounding him for money, to a boss who's blaming him for everything that goes wrong, to the hot co-worker (Deepika) who just doesn't know of his existence at all! The change that comes into his life, is a call, at 5 am each day, by a man who claims to be "Karthik" himself who guides him to becoming the man that he is. And voila, suddenly, the real "Karthik" begins to stand up for himself, asserts himself in front of his boss, and manages to strike conversation (a rather witty one) with Deepika too! Sitting in the audience, you literally feel like whistling and hooting when you see him walk down the corridor of his