Skip to main content

Amusement Parks

The very word suggests the sort of emotion that the place is expected to arouse within you. I don't agree.

I went to Esselworld and I was not amused. What I was is bruised, tired and dizzy!

The entire concept is to give you a thrill of your lifetime they say! and they catapulate you into the air with nothing but the inertia and gravity and your fear which compels your body to be tense and hold onto to anything that you, and the entire torture takes about a minute and a half and your throat is hoarse from all the screaming, which is the only way for your body to complain in protest of the "forced adrenaline rush" as my friend calls it.. !!

It's a known fact that these sort of thrills are enjoyed by many people, and I would prefer a softer, gradual sort of an exciting experience instead of the sudden, jerky, terrifying experience that it is.

:)

maybe I'll prefer bungee jumping or para gliding... para sailing was boring... :) hehe... so till the time I experience those, I don't know whether I can attribute exhilaration as one of the adjectives to those activities! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviewing the K-Dramas I binge-watched because of Hyun Bin & Son Ye-Jin (Part #1)

This year has been an interesting year for me so far. Not just because of the coronavirus situation but because of my new found passion for Korean Dramas! So, in February, I decided to watch 'Crash Landing on You' on Netflix with my husband and literally since then I've just immersed myself whole heartedly into everything Korean! I'm right now at the 'obsessing' part, hopefully it'll mature and I'll find a healthy balance soon (or maybe not!). Quick recap of what I've done so far: After binge-watching CLOY multiple times, I joined a Facebook Fan Group for the show, joined Soompi and started reading the CLOY Drama thread and the Hyun Bin & Son Ye-Jin thread . I posted a link to my blog on the FB group and had 1000+ views with 10+ comments. I've shared the blog with multiple friends and family members, all of whom loved reading the blog and most of them then watched the show as well! My husband brought me soju + beer at home and I'm ...

Crash Landing on You - Netflix K-Drama Review

I think all of us remember our first love, we remember what it felt like to have our hearts beat that much faster, the butterflies in our stomach, the obsessing about the words we spoke or didn't speak, and other million details that come along with it. Watching a romantic comedy is supposed to evoke some bit of those memories and just fill you up in this warm, fuzzy feeling that feels like a comforting bear hug (if you like hugs!). A while back I was reading this article about the dearth of good romantic comedies nowadays and it's true, when was the last good romantic comedy you saw? To me the evergreen You've Got Mail, Kate & Leopold, Notting Hill, Sleepless in Seattle are still the classics (yes, I think I crushed on Meg Ryan a lot!). In Hindi movies, I know this divides a lot of people, but I do genuinely think Sonam Kapoor has figured this out. I absolutely loved her Khoobsurat with Fawad Khan. I thought it was funny, contemporary and their chemistry was left me...

Karthik Calling Karthik

After having been completely enamored and in love with the song "Uff Teri Adaa" I couldn't wait to watch the movie finally. The end emotion being, a decent watch, but could've been much better. The movie begins with a very stereotypical life of a guy (Farhaan) who's just not got anything going for him, from a landlord who's hounding him for money, to a boss who's blaming him for everything that goes wrong, to the hot co-worker (Deepika) who just doesn't know of his existence at all! The change that comes into his life, is a call, at 5 am each day, by a man who claims to be "Karthik" himself who guides him to becoming the man that he is. And voila, suddenly, the real "Karthik" begins to stand up for himself, asserts himself in front of his boss, and manages to strike conversation (a rather witty one) with Deepika too! Sitting in the audience, you literally feel like whistling and hooting when you see him walk down the corridor of his...